01.04.2013 | Colleen Moffitt
2012 was certainly an exciting and interesting year in the United States and around the world (see Google’s year-end wrap up video here).
At Communiqué, 2012 saw our clients’ businesses continue to grow – and we were excited to drive awareness around their stories. We added new clients to our roster, achieved significant results for new and existing clients, added to our team, and blogged. It was a busy year. For more details on the year’s highlights see below:
- Communiqué PR added seven companies to its client roster in 2012: BlueBin, Inc., CENTRI Technology, Kymeta, Medio, Smartsheet, Sprig Health, and SR Education Group.
- Attachmate increased its industry thought leadership with the placement of two bylined articles: 1) Data Center Journal, “BYOD and the Impact on IT,” August 2012, and 2) Enterprise Systems Journal, “Going Mobile: Introducing Your Mainframe to Modern Tools,” July 30, 2012. Get more information here. Additionally, ZDNet referenced one of the company’s blog posts in a recent article, “BPM’s uncertain role in modernizing legacy applications,” November 5, 2012.
- A highlight of 2012 for The Omni Group was another great year at MacWorld 2012. For the event, we secured 17 onsite briefings with both tech trade and Apple-focused publications such as Ars Technica, Macworld, GigaOm, The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW), Technologizer and The Register, among others. Executives with the Omni Group shared their 2012 vision and the product roadmap in these meetings; see here for more.
- Medio, a 2012 addition to our client roster, hit the road for an analyst and press tour in November . CPR secured 12 meetings with press and analysts on Medio’s behalf. There is significant interest in the work that Medio is doing around predictive analytics and the feedback from analysts surrounding the value Medio is offering was overwhelmingly positive.
- Communiqué PR helped Smartsheet, with its funding announcement. On December 3, the company announced $26 million in funding. Through targeted outreach, and in partnership with Smartsheet’s savvy internal team, we were able to secure 15 articles in print publications, as well as a mention in an interview with Dierdre Bolton on Bloomberg TV.
- We worked with RPI to garner industry recognition for its personalization storefront. Additionally, RPI partnered with well-renowned Cheezburger and the Madison Park Group to create a truly LOL-worthy line of holiday cards. We helped share the news, securing six articles across several industries.
- Mobidia Technology, Inc. gave journalists the inside scoop on mobile usage this past August—and they reciprocated with seven stories mentioning the company.
- We helped The Shops at The Bravern leverage PR so effectively that we essentially worked ourselves out of a job—the right way.
- This year, Communiqué updated its internal office space. We added new, stand-up desks, new chairs, and painted a wall orange to match our branding. The new space looks fantastic!
- Communiqué added some amazing PR professionals with diverse and deep experiences to our growing team in 2012, a marker of our continued expansion as a firm.
- Our book, Strategic Public Relations: 10 Principles to Harness the Power of PR, had another successful year on Amazon.
- We posted 130 blog posts during the past year; the top four by viewers were:
- Think Before You Tweet: Twitter Don’ts That Can Damage Your Brand
- Fun Tools to Create An Infographic
- Building a Trusted Brand: Five Values from the Pros
- Doing Well By Doing Good – Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility
- Brand Awareness & Adoption: How Much Time Does it Take? Renee Gastineau, an account director at Communiqué PR, addressed entrepreneurial marketing as part of a panel at the University of Washington’s Foster School of Business. Renee joined GeekWire’s John Cook and PR consultant Margo Meyers in speaking with an MBA class about the value of PR for start-up businesses.
This was a fantastic year at Communiqué PR. We continued to work toward our mission of helping clients move product, sell services and grow brands through high-quality strategic communications programs. Helping clients reach their business objectives is why we do what we do, and we are proud of the results our team and our clients were able to achieve in 2012.
From all of us at Communiqué PR, Happy New Year!